Rick J. Fairhurst
Current Address: 4500 College Ave, Apt 2114A, College Park, MD 20740
Cell Phone: (240) 204-4453
Email Address: email@example.com
Website/Online Portfolio: www.rikysongsu.com
Career Goal: To enrich the lives of disaster victims and communities in developing countries by providing sustainable off grid shelters.
Education: University of Maryland, Sustainable Modular Net-Zero Architecture
Skills: Autodesk Revit/CAD/Fusion360, Rhinoceros/Grasshopper, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere/Lightroom/After Effects, Unreal Engine 4, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Audio Visual Systems, Physical Architectural Modeling, Drafting, Teaching, Photography, Cinematography, Steady-Cam Operation, Drone/Quad Pilot.
- Private Instructor for Sustainable Systems , Snowdrop Architecture, July 2018 - Present
- Research Assistant, Hu Studio, May 2018-Present
- Architectural Artist, Blocks to Bricks, May 2018
- Founder/CEO, Snowdrop Architecture, March 2018-Present
- Volunteer Lecturer, Prince George's County Public Schools, January-May 2018
- Microsoft Student Ambassador, Microsoft, September 2017-Present
- Managing Director, Snowdrop Extension Services, December 2017-Present
- Arckit Ambassador, Arckit, August 2017-Present
- Guest Lecturer, Young Architects Workshop, U.S. Parks and Recreation Department, Summers 2017, 2018
- Space and Design Architecture Intern, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), January 2017-Present
- Volunteer, U.S. Department of Energy - Solar Decathlon 2017, September 2016-2017
- Volunteer, Maryland Sustainability TaskForce, August 2016-2017
- Architectural Designer and Cinematographer, KaTO Arch Design Studio, June 2016-Present
- Google Tech, University of Maryland, January 2016-2018
- Audio-Visual/IT Tech, University of Maryland, August 2015-2018
- Drafting AID, University of Maryland School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, Spring 2014
- Volunteer, Maryland Sustainability Engineering (MDSE), September 2013-2017
- Volunteer, Engineers Without Borders (EWB), September 2013-2016
- Biomedical Research Summer Intern, NHLBI, NIH, Summers 2013, 2014, 2015
- Biomedical Research Special Volunteer, NHLBI, NIH, August 2012- 2016
- Teachers Aid, Wootton High School Art Room, 2011-2013
- Surgical Shadow and Case Report Writer, The Orthopedic Center, Summer 2011-Present
- Volunteer, Second Chance Wildlife Center, April 2008-2013
- Volunteer, Rockville Public Library, Summer 2007
- Architectural Artist, Bricks to Blocks Museum by Lego Certified Professional Adam Tucker Reed
- Finalist, 2018 Parking Solutions Competition: Garage of the Future, International Parking Institute (IPI)
- 2nd Place Award, International Solar Decathlon Competition 2017, Department of Energy
- Finalist, 2017 Student Innovators and Visionaries, University of Maryland
Fairhurst RJ, Rozmaryn LM (2013). Serratia marcescens osteomyelitis in the hand of a non-debilitated, immunocompetent woman. Eur Orthop Traumatol. [Epub ahead of print. 2013 Jun 21].
Fairhurst RJ, Rozmaryn LM (2016). Gouty tenosynovitis of the distal biceps tendon insertion complicated by partial rupture: first case and review of the literature
"Project Revive: A modular panel-based system for generic, self-sufficient, cost effective, modular garages." Fairhurst RJ and Rhodes S. IPI Conference and Expo 2018, The International Parking Institute.
“Understanding Blebbistatin Inhibition of Non-muscle Myosin lla HMM.” Fairhurst RJ et al. Natcher Conference Center, National Institutes of Health. NIH Summer Research Program Poster Day 2015.
“Imaging Actin-myosin Interactions using Single Molecule Techniques.” Fairhurst RJ et al. Natcher Conference Center, National Institutes of Health. NIH Summer Research Program Poster Day 2014.
“Studying the Chemo-mechanical Properties of Myosin-5a with Single Molecule Methods.” Fairhurst RJ et al. Natcher Conference Center, National Institutes of Health. NIH Summer Research Program Poster Day 2013.
“Understanding Nature’s Nano-machines Through Single Molecule Techniques.” Fairhurst RJ et al. Johns Hopkins University Center for Biotechnology Education, 8th Annual Research Symposium May 2013 Selected Presenter.